skins and etc.







When it comes to insecurities I am far out from being credible and say that I am confident 24/7. We have those days. We have our own reasons to feel this way. All I am trying to say is that being insecure is completely conventional.


MY SKIN STORY:

Lo and behold, I have skin asthma. At a young age around 7 or 8, I encountered these sugats (wounds) around my body not because I am clumsy but I itch... a lot. It seems like it is a normal itch but I could not stop scratching. It was my hobby. I loved scratching. My skin is so sensitive, one scratch on my skin it leaves a permanent mark unless treated with a cream or even my most coveted cocoa butter. I remember my mom applying this every night like it is my nighttime skin routine. She has been doing this at least 3-4 years. I think...

It bothered me when people asked me why I kept wearing jackets. I was the girl who wore jackets or hoodies all the time in school because I was so conscious of my arms even though I was sweating nonstop. It was difficult to hear someone say that my condition was contagious. After a few sessions with a dermatologist and a few pills(prescription medicine which I had to take which some of it were like steroids which made me bloat, I looked gross*), I thought I could get rid of this permanently. It was stupid to think that after treating my skin condition I can live such a normal life without any worry what to wear. It keeps coming back and it is frustrating. Although, it got better than before. I learned to overcome from this and slowly accepting that it is my accessory of my daily lifestyle.

*I immediately stopped taking those because it was not good for my immune system yet it was good for my skin. (Immune system > Skin asthma)


"PERFECT BODY"

I never stopped caring about my body. From wanting to lose weight just by eating crackers for lunch to drinking milk tea almost everyday religiously, I am quite alright if you ask me. Of course, I know it is a necessity to have a healthy lifestyle. I am that girl who eats fruits and vegetables which seems unbelievable. Having the perfect body was not anymore my goal. I had to slowly accept the fact that in order for me to reach that "goal" is to work 10x harder. I just could not do it. Best believe when I have actual ample time for me to actually work out, I do make the effort. Not as consistent to be frank. All I am trying to say is that I slowly crawled out of my shell from hiding my body (with the extra flabs that came with it) in social media especially Instagram. I thought what the heck, I am wearing this two-piece and I don't look the best but I am just going to flaunt whatever I have. Looking your best is basically having the confidence despite what kind of body type that you have.



So that's my story on how I learned to be confident and the things I went through personally. Giving you all insights and maybe learn a thing or two about me. It does take a lot of guts but we live one life so why not make the most out of it and not care what everybody thinks. Just do you and learn more about yourself. Above all, love yourself. It is difficult. We will get passed it.
























                                                                         


post signature

















Comments

Popular Posts