Just a few days left until the most awaited day of the year. I have been wanting to do a make-up tutorial for quite some time now and I figured just blog about it instead of originally doing a sit- down video on YouTube (which by the way a little shameless plug, if you haven't subscribed to my channel please do; I will post content there soon). Yes, I know I haven't been here for almost two months now but hey, the year is almost ending. Coincidentally, it has been 2 years since I started this blog, what a bang.
So here is the lowdown on how I achieved these two holiday makeup looks and I hope you may learn a thing or two:
1) Before I put foundation on my face, I prime with Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. I also did my brows beforehand, I'd use a brow pencil from Faceshop but I wanted more depth (eye shadow)
Next, I blend the Sonia Kashuk foundation with an oval brush (or artis brush). I would also use a beauty blender to help even out my face. Of course, I had to conceal all those blemishes and my dark circles. Thank you finals.
2) Then, I set this with a compact face powder by Maybelline as well.
(DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post, I mostly have Maybelline products)
3) In order to hide my double chin, I contour with BYS Contour Trio palette in 02 Sweet. I simply contour my cheekbones, chin, sides of my forehead and the sides of my nose. I highlight my under eyes, forehead, and the bridge of my nose.
4) I don't have a highlighting palette (which I will invest on) I use an eye shadow from Garden Botanika in Bronze.
I was hesitant about this eye shadow at the time, and when I started using this as highlight; you really get that glow up
This eye makeup focuses on pink metallic shadows and smoked out crease to give depth to my eyes. (and to wake up my lazy eye)
1) I use my concealer as primer to help hold the metallic shadow in place. With the same shadow used as my highlight, I focus on the center of my lids.
2) Using the L'oreal La Palette Nude 01, I go into the number 3 shade and smoke up my crease to give it more structure and depth.
3) I curl my lashes and I apply the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara.
Since its the festive season I decided to go bold (red that is).
1) Beforehand, I used a lipliner in the color Flesh from BYS.
I simply apply MAC's Amplified lipstick in Dubonnet.
First look done!
This next look is more on the bronze-y festive vibe and also has a smoked crease.
I went over again to my Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer to prime my lids.
I apply the metallic shadow in 'sun sweep' from Bath and Body Works all over the lids.
I head over again to the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 01, in the color number 5, to smoke up my crease.
Second look done!
Top - Smokey brown / bronzed eye look
Bottom- Smokey pink/ pink metallic eyed look
Maybelline Baby Skin Poreless Eraser
Sonia Kashuk Luminous Foundation
Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer
Maybelline White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Powder